February 10, 2016 • 5:00-7:30 pm
Chez Lena Restaurant
2508 Blichman Avenue, Grand Junction
WCLCC Members $25.00 • Non-Members $40.00
RSVP by February 8th to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-209-5320
Our third anniversary event will be an evening of delicious food (prepared by the student-run Chez Lena Restaurant of Western Colorado Community College), drinks, mingling, music, a slideshow, raffle prizes and an engaging VIP guest speaker
Born and raised in Monterrey, Mexico, Roberto has spent more than 10 years in the US, working in the multicultural marketing field with brands such as ESPN Deportes, M&M’s, Snickers, Twix, Budweiser and Bud Light.
Roberto has a B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and a MBA from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He is the recipient of the 2015 Emerging Business of the Year award by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan St Louis, as well as a grant recipient by the Arch Grants Startup Global Competition.
Roberto Garcia is the founder of LISTO. LISTO was first conceived at a Texas movie theater, where Roberto was settling in to watch “Iron Man” on the big screen. Seated in front of him were a father and son who both looked really excited to be at the theater. As the movie started, the boy began to translate the movie for his father –line by line. It became apparent that while the boy was bilingual, his father only spoke Spanish. Eventually – and to Roberto’s dismay – both the father and son were asked to leave, due to complaints from other patrons. Having experienced difficulties watching movies in English himself, Roberto began to explore potential solutions. LISTO is that solution. It provides the simultaneous translation of a movie soundtrack while remaining elegant and non-disruptive for all other patrons.
Roberto has experience driving multi-million dollar brands and launching new products and is passionate about marketing and purposeful communications for brands and organizations.
- Tickets can be purchased online at wclatinochamber.org/payment.html
- Tickets can be purchased with cash or check from a WCLCC Board Member
- Tickets can be purchased with cash or check at the door with a RSVP to email@example.com or by calling Susan Welk de Valdez at 209-5320
- As a WCLCC member, you have the option to display your marketing materials at the event. Marketing materials must be received no later than the end of the business day on Monday, February 8th with Louise Goodman at Timberline Bank, 633 24 Road in Grand Junction (MAP)
- Multicultural marketing presentation and training with VIP guest speaker Roberto Garcia will be held on Thursday, February 11th. Click here for details and RSVP information
Thank you for your continued support and participation!
We look forward to celebrating with you on Wednesday, February 10th!